Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Your Areas of Expertise?
Child Play Therapy
Phases of Life Issues
Do you Speak any other Languages?
Yes! I speak and provide counseling services in both English and Spanish.
How Long Can Therapy Take?
The length of therapy can vary greatly depending on the presenting issue. Some issues can resolve with only a few sessions and others may need more long-term treatment. My goal is to find a treatment modality that will help you find fast and powerful resolution or reduction of the issues and symptoms you are experiencing.
Who Do You Work With?
I work with children ages 4 and up, adolescents, adults, couples, and families.
How Long Does Each Session Last?
Sessions are 50 minutes in duration.
What are Your Hours?
I offer weekdays, evenings, and weekend hours.
How will I know you are the right therapist for me?
My main goal is that each client feel comfortable. I offer a FREE phone consultation to allow an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have, learn a little about my therapeutic process, and to ensure it is a good fit for you.
How much does each session cost?
Each 50 minute session is $125.00.
Payments are accepted by Cash, Check, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Venmo, Zelle, and Paypal.
Do you accept Insurance?
I am an out-of-network provider and currently not on any insurance panels. However, if your insurance has out-of- network mental health benefits, I can provide you with a receipt for you to forward to your insurance for reimbursement. I will do my best to work with you around any insurance concerns.
*When using insurance, keep in mind that a diagnosis is required by the insurance company and will become a permanent part of your medical record.
What Questions Should I ask my Insurance Provider About Out-of-Network Benefits?
1. Do I have mental health insurance benefits that allow for out-of-network therapy?
2. Does my insurance require that I have pre- authorization prior to sessions with a therapist?
3. Is there a deductible for out-of-network services, and how much has been met?
4. Do I have a co-pay?
5. How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
6. What credentials does my therapist need to be eligible for reimbursement? I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
7. How will I receive my reimbursement and how long will it take?
8. Is approval required from my primary care physician?